Customizing Apps for Student Learning & Engagement: Educational Life Skills Focus
One-day learning opportunity
If you work with students who benefit from an educational life skills curriculum, it can be challenging to find age appropriate, pre-made activities that match up with learners’ goal areas. In this session, we will give you a process for targeting learner needs and then creating supports and lessons based on those needs...using customizable apps. Areas addressed will include:
• errorless learning
• picture supported writing
• simple learning activities with quizzes & data collection
• life skills learning
• differentiated educational tools
Goals for this training include:
1) Identifying a process that can be used to create targeted learning activities which are age appropriate and fit learner goal areas.
2) Customizing educational apps by adding content such as photos, sound, and/or text to increase student learning and/or engagement.
3) Sharing at least one activity and using it with student(s) back in the classroom.
This course is designed for Teachers, therapists, & classroom assistants working with students who can benefit from a life skills educational curriculum.
COST INFORMATION: Workshop fee* waived for NSSED employees, Member District** employees, and parents of students in our member districts. For individual participants who do not meet the above criteria, certain fees will apply. NSSED reserves the right to cancel any workshop due to low enrollment. *Registration or material fee per participant will be indicated when registering and billed after the session. **Member Districts include: Northbrook 27, Northbrook 28, Sunset Ridge 29, Glenview/Northbrook 30, West Northfield 31, Glenview 34, Glencoe 35, Winnetka 36, Kenilworth 38, Lake Bluff 65, Lake Forest 67, Bannockburn 106, Deerfield 109, North Shore 112, Township HS 113, Lake Forest 115, New Trier 203, Glenbrook 225.